The iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc.
- The first iPhone was released on June 29, 2007. Besides the feature of a regular handphone (working on Quadband GSM and EDGE), the iPhone was equipped with the touch screen, camera, playing music and videos (like the iPod), web browser, etc.
- The second version is iPhone 3G released in July, 2008, was equipped with Global Position System (GPS) and 3G high-speed Internet – High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).
- The third version is iPhone 3GS, released on 2009 June 8th. In June 19th, this new version has been distributed in America, Viet Nam, Canada and several Europian countries. In June 26th, it was available in Australia, then the international version of iPhone 3GS was released in July and August 2009. The remarkable development in this new version is that Apple had enhanced its perfomance (the letter “S” in “3GS” is “Speed”.) iPhone 3GS is equipped with 600MHz Microprocessor Unit (1,5 times higher than iPhone 3G), the internal memory being up to 32GB, 3.15Mp camera, digital compass with a number of upgraded functions such as Wi-Fi speed, battery life and so on. Before that, on 2009 March 17th , Apple Inc has announced iPhone (and iPod Touch)’s Operating System version 3.0 and released it officially on 2009 June 17th.
- iPhone 4 was released in 2010, June. In this version, iPhone has been re-designed, the bulges of the back panel as well as the band between the front and back are gone and have been replaced with flattened surfaces. The internal components of the device are situated between two panels of chemically strengthened aluminosilicate glass. It has an Apple A4 processor and 512 MB of eDRAM, twice that of its predecessor and four times that of the original iPhone. Its 3.5-inch (89 mm) LED backlit liquid crystal display with a 960×640 pixel resolution is marketed as the "Retina display".
- The sixth generation as well as the latest version is iPhone 5 released on 2012 Septeber 21st. It has a larger 4-inch screen and an 8-pin connector which is smaller, lighter, thinner, and faster. This is the first iPhone with LTE support and a 16:09 screen. In particular, the new version has new Panorama camera mode, photos’ capacity is equivalent to 28megapixel. 1080p video recording modeis supported with anti-shake, 10-faces identify, and especifically, users can take pictures as the same time with recording.
The Apple App Store is a digital application distribution platform for iOS developed and maintained by Apple Inc. The service allows users to browse and download applications from the iTunes Store that were developed with the iOS Software Development Kit (iOS SDK) published through Apple Inc. Depending on the application, they are available either for free or at a cost. The applications can be downloaded directly to an iOS device, or downloaded onto a personal computer (PC) or Macintosh via iTunes. iOS Application Development is the process of creating small software applications for iPhone devices. These applications are generally targeted on a particular hardware attribute of the device like the motion games are based on the motion sensors of the device, online video calling is based on front camera and lot more. iOS application development is attracting the developers as well as the business for Pay-per-click (PPC) and brand awareness. 30 percent of revenue from the store goes to Apple, and 70 percent goes to the producer of the app (minus an annual USD$99.00 development fee to Apple)
The App Store is accessible from the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad via an iOS application by the same name. It is also the only way to directly download native applications onto an iOS device without jailbreaking the device. Web applications can be installed on these devices, by passing the App Store entirely, but they tend to have less functionality. The store is also accessible through iTunes, and then on any operating system for which iTunes is provided.
In Viet Nam:
Although iPhone has become popular in these 2 years, but Apple Inc has amazed the world of technology. Especially the iPhone and iPad. IPhone sales figures increased quickly year by year. According to statistics in 2010, Apple sold 14.1 million iPhones in summer and is expected to nearly meet or exceed this level in autumn. In Vietnam, until December 2010 almost 8,000 iphones had been sold.
Along with that development, application development for iPhone opens up a new promising and challenging opportunity. However, due to the constantly changing technology, to keep pace with changes also give a few small difficulties to the programmers…
Android is a Linux-based operating system designed primarily for touch-screen mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet computers, developed by Google in conjunction with the Open Handset Alliance.
Android software development is the process by which new applications are created for the Android operating system. Applications are usually developed in the Java programming language using the Android Software Development Kit, but other development tools are available.
Android application development in Vietnam:
Experts in technology said, Android application development is growing very fast in the world and in Vietnam also. More and more devices for Android are being manufactured (tablets, smart phones, household. Besides that, Google keeps updating Android base, especially the version 4.0 with remarkable improvement.
Although, Android only appears in the market for three years, it is developing quite fast with plenty of application warehouse. In the near future, in Vietnam, Android will become inspiration for Vietnamese developers to introduce their own images about the Viet market and their Vietnamese nature.
Potential market in Vietnam:
According to some surveys from the government, in the last six months, the amount of mobile phone has reached 120, 7 millions. This is a big potential market for every software company. Smart- phones, tablets are being manufactured with low prices, which are affordable to any citizens. Android appliance has been creating a solid market in Vietnam.
In June 2012, Google Play market (Android market) had reached more than 600.000 apps. The number of good application with high quality is increasing day by day. Especially, Google Play has published Viet language version for its Viet users.
In general, the huge demand for smart phone and tablet in Vietnam would become bigger when Android shows its practical utility. The distributors and Android device trader also support the market. On Internet, some forums about Android are attracting more users; support from user’s communities makes the development easier. Vimarket- an application market introduces many Vietnamese applications, which are welcomed in the community. This is the ample opportunity for youngster who love creativity and develop practical and trade-able applications.
August 29, 2013